Glass Insurance Center has been providing insurance to individuals, families, and businesses in Lake Geneva and Walworth County for more than 85-years.
Alois Francis Glass started what was then known as A. F. Glass Insurance Agency Inc. in 1931. Back then most of the insurance sold was life insurance and fire policies, although car insurance and what we know today as property insurance was becoming more popular as time passed.
In 1948, Alois’ son Jerry Glass joined the agency, and eventually took ownership 1959. The agency grew substantially during this period as property and casualty policies became more popular, and insurance became required by banks when borrowing money for a new car or home. Property and casualty insurance was also beginning to be sold together as a single package policy. This is now commonplace car insurance, home insurance, and commercial insurance. Health insurance also became more popular during this period.
In 1985, Jeff Glass became the third-generation to join the family business and became the owner in 1998. Under Jeff’s leadership, Glass Insurance Center continues to grow and expand the services they provide. New forms of insurance include identity theft, cyber-liability, errors and omissions (E&O), directors and officers (D&O), professional liability, and other twenty-first century exposures that his grandfather could not have imagined.
In 2000, the agency moved from its downtown location to the new Lake Geneva Business Park, and operates as Glass Insurance Center.
Glass Insurance Center specializes in providing comprehensive package coverage for families and businesses. Commercial areas of focus include hotels/motels, restaurants, taverns, contractors.